A dynamic and proactive teacher, preferably with independent sector or international experience .
- Strong team player willing to support other colleagues
- Excellent working knowledge of the English National Curriculum and recent developments.
- Ability to teach French up to A-Levels.
- Pastoral responsibility or experience would be an advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Willingness to contribute to the wider life of the school
- Knowledge of Spanish, or willingness to learn Spanish would be an advantage
We are currently seeking to appoint an individual who has:
- Achieved Qualified Teacher status (Applications from NQTs also welcome)
- A degree or equivalent in the subject to be taught
- Experience in teaching and the ability to motivate a diverse student body
- Strong IT skills
Timeline of application and employment
- All applications must be completed with the King’s Application Form (in-line with Safer Recruitment Policy).
- References will be called for before interview.
- Interviews will be on SKYPE (unless a local candidate is found) by members of the School Leadership team in collaboration with the HR department.
- Successful candidates must be prepared to be re interviewed by a student body within the same week of the main interview and maybe asked for a sample of planning to be emailed to the school.
- Candidates will be informed of the outcome of the interview within a week and a formal offer made from the Headteacher.
Why come to Panama?
The school is located in an idyllic setting, surrounded by the Panamanian rainforest in the area of Clayton and is approximately 6km from the city centre.
Panama City is a city of easy cosmopolitan living, a combination of the historic and the ultra-modern. It is also one of the safest cities in Central America. The local dialect is Spanish.